Saturday, September 18, 2010

bridesmaids' clutches

After a friend (the bride-to be) from nursing school happened upon my blog from my link on facebook, she contacted me to see if I could make her bridesmaids' gifts. She had searched Etsy's website with no success for what she was looking for to honor her ladies. I was so flattered and happy to take on this project that I did not hesitate to say, "Yes!".


We discussed colors and design and then I set to work, drawing up different design ideas and picking out materials. We went with black so that her bridesmaids could use the clutches again for a fancy night out or even a night out on the town yet they would still match the dresses. I added a flower detail to complement the flower on the dresses the girls would wear at the wedding and a black whimsy feather to pick up another element from the wedding.



For the inside of the clutch I went with a eggplant purple color to go with the color of the bridesmaids' dresses. Not only was this my first commissioned project that I've had the opportunity to create but it was also my first product that I was able to incorportate my product label and tags onto!



Megan, I am very honored to have created these bags for you and I cannot wait to see pictures of the ladies in their dresses holding their new personalized clutches! I wish you and your soon-to-be-husband a lifetime of love and happiness!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash