Saturday, May 1, 2010

toy bag

I threw my friend Pati a baby shower today for work and church friends in San Diego. For her gift I wanted to do something creative (as is very typical of me). I came up with an idea to make a toy "bag" and put a bunch of misc. things in it I have been "collecting" since I first knew she was having a boy.

Each side of the bag has two pieces of thick canvas like fabric and a piece of lightweight interfacing ironed between the two for stiffing purposes. The end result is a bag whose sides will hold up enough to keep the toys contained in it, yet soft enough a young baby could pull it down to get the toys out when they are sitting on the floor. I also used a complementary fabric and iron interface to spell out T-O-Y-S on one side of the bag. Another option would be to use one fabric for the inside and a different for the outside so when the edge is folded over (creating more support for the bag) you get to see the contrasting fabrics!

I canot wait to see all Isaiah's toys in the bag and him playing near by, pictures of that when it happens many months from now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash